Higher Education and Adult Vocational Training Grant Application
The purpose of the CTC Higher Education Grant (HE) and Adult Vocational Training (AVT). These programs are established to financially assist eligible tribal members who are enrolled to an accredited university or institution; and who can demonstrate a financial need. The funding is supplemental. Before funding from CTC can be considered, applicants are required to apply for all available state, federal and private financial aid; and utilize all available student and family resources.
It is the student’s responsibility to contact CTC to ensure his/her file is complete and submitted or postmarked by the appropriate deadline. Applications need original signatures. CTC does not accept faxed applications.
Higher Education/AVT – Tribes Covered
CTC provides higher education funding to enrolled tribal members.
Graduate students should contact the American Indian Graduate Center (www.aigc.com). CTC has no funding for graduate studies.
Notifications and Payments of Awards
CTC staff will notify applicants in writing as to the approval or disapproval of their application. Notifications to applicants will specify the amount of the individual awards, or reason for denial.
Full Time Students (12+ Credits) will receive $1,500 Part Time Students (6-11) Credits will receive $750
Payments will be sent to the financial aid office of the institution that the student will be attending.
April 30 (Academic Year)
November 15 (Spring Deadline)
March 15 (Summer Deadline – Needs Justification)
Check List of Required Documents
- CTC Application Packet with all fields completed. Students must maintain full or part-time status, as selected.
- Complete the FAFSA: Website www.fafsa.gov
- Copy of Diploma/GED or High School Transcript
- Acceptance Letter from HE or AVT Institution
- Tribal Enrollment Card or a verification of Alaska Native Ancestry
- Two letters of recommendation
- State of Purpose (typed, if possible)
To be eligible for a higher education grant or AVT funding, an applicant must be:
- An enrolled tribal member or one-fourth or more degree Native Blood.
- An enrolled member of a tribe served by CTC
- In financial need as determined by the college or institution.
- Eligibility shall be determined by the council.
Cheesh’na Tribal Council
HC01 Box 217
Gakona, AK 99586